DESIGN PEER REVIEW
A design review applies most commonly to new construction projects. Since mistakes in the design phase are the most costly to rectify, Design Review services makes sure that the design meets the intended functionality, performance and cost objectives of the data center.
Design Review services touch all aspects of the Data Center – from Data/Telecommunication, Electrical, Mechanical, Fire Detection/Suppression, Security, and Building Automation System (BAS).
The goals of the Design Review are mainly to:
- Catch early inconsistencies and discoordination in the project architecture and other engineering disciplines,
- Introduce data center best practices with the concept of operations and maintenance in mind,
- Ensure compliance to Uptime Institute Tier Topology Standard,
- Performing value engineering without compromising reliability,
- Reduce the cost and risk of changes required later in the lifecycle.